Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fast French


It is 10am on the day you have a lunch date with your fabulous hostess (and fellow francophile) friend. You are in charge of bringing a delicious picnic. What ingredient will ensure ease in both cooking and transportation while being delicious and sophisticated? If you said frozen puff pastry, you are correct.

I may be entering a tart phase. I landed home from the store an hour before my date and ended up with this beauty. My only mistake was letting the pastry roll into whatever shape it felt like, which ended up being too long for any container and for my bike basket. The diagonally-laid asparagus, however, was my stroke of genius.

Pack some mixed greens, a jam jar of vinaigrette with homemade mayonnaise, and a couple pain au chocolat, and you have a picnic. Recipe from Everyday Food.

1 comment:

  1. looks amazing! i've seen this recipe everywhere lately - i think i'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete